What's in a name?

My photo
London, United Kingdom
I speak, I listen, I read, I write, I act, I play, I debate, I discuss, I fool, I smile and I sulk.

Tuesday 20 October 2009

It Begins

"A living room, in which the entire action takes place. The time is around midnight during a summer heat wave. STUART is seated in an armchair, sleeping, downstage left, beside a small table with books on it. He is in his early to mid-thirties, wearing a plain black t-shirt and khaki knee-length shorts. A sofa is placed centre stage, and there is a window upstage centre, facing out onto the street. The window does not have to be physically present, but it is important the actors have a defined space with which to consider its presence. A few moments pass in silence. Then there is the sound of a telephone ringing. It continues to ring for a short while, but is suddenly cut off. After a few moments, MELANIE calls from offstage."

Stalemate, my new play. The idea has been seeded and grown; the meticulous planning is over; and all that remains is to finish what I have started. The first draft is due to be sent out on the 31st of this month. It needs redrafting at least once by the 15th of November, ready for a rehearsed reading on the 24th, two days before my birthday. November is going to be a busy month.

3 comments:

Cup-o-Noodles said...

hrmm..... intriguing.

Eduardo Guize said...

yeah, intriguing... I know you're not going to reveal the whole plot in here, but can we know a couple influences to get an idea of what you're concocting?

TheatreMad87 said...

I couldn't possibly comment any further. They're called teasers for a reason, guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...